Friday, January 29, 2010

Bible Blessing

School time at the Crouch house! I was over at my mom's last week and we were at the table learning to read and the like, lol... I love doing school with the kids and watching them learn. I can't even believe that I finished school. When I was their age, it seemed like I would be doing school for the rest of my life, haha...



Which brings me to something my little sister Leah was saying recently... She was asking me about Nathan and telling me about whenever she's going to get married. (She is only 4.) Then she sighed and said: "I guess mom isn't going to let me get married until I finish all my schoolbooks." This totally made my day.



Then a few days later after we got done with phonics I noticed she was missing from the table. When I found her she was sobbing "drama tears" and she exclaimed: "I am so tired of tracing letters!" Oh my goodness, I had such a hard time trying not to laugh at her. Chana helped me to explain that after she learned how to write her letters correctly, she would never have to trace another letter again. She was satisfied with that. : )



Anyways, just a couple of days ago I was there again enjoying the kids. It was finally time for lunch and we all sat around the table and held hands to pray. Then lo and behold, as we started to sing the prayer Ezra opened his little mouth wide and if only I could write what sounds came out! He was really trying to sing along and it was the sweetest thing I ever saw.... He didn't chicken out either when he noticed we were watching him... he just kept singing until the prayer was through! What a blessing...


Later the same night, we were sitting at my parents dinner table and it was time to read the Bible. Little Ezra ran to get the bibles. I was laughing at his enthusiasm. As my dad opened up his bible to read, Ezra got settled in his high chair with another bible and opened it up slowly.... His face was so serious. He would look at dad out of the corner of his eye as he held the bible up gently with one hand. Then he licked his little finger and turned a page and you could see his little mouth moving with the words dad was speaking. When he saw that I was smiling uncontrollably at him he started to smile, then you could see with every muscle in his face he tried to get serious again and keep reading. And he did. I was so blessed with what I saw. Mom told me later that reading the bible is one of his favorite things to do. He will go and get out two bibles and give one to dad and the other he will sit and read. Oh my goodness! Who ever heard?!

I am so glad I was able to experience Ezra's love to "read" the bible. It blessed my soul so much just to know that he is growing up in a home where God's Word is a special and good thing. Thank you Lord for little Ezra and his little heart. I pray he grows every day into a godly adult and ask the same for all my brothers and sisters...

Well, it is almost Shabbat. I am so ready to go home and enjoy a peaceful evening. Nathan and I had a good day of work and although it is tiring, it is such a blessing. I love working with Nathan, it's really cool... Thank you God for my hubby and all that he does for me. : )

Goodnight!






P.S. Happy 13th birthday to my little sister Eliana! Love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment